8.23.2010

Splash!

There it went...my beautiful hot pink girly camera ...right into the dog's water bowl! I had just removed it from my case to put in my small purse for the night and when I sat it down to the side, it was on a slope and slid off the counter into the bowl! OMG....well, that isn't what I really said....I said Shit about 12 times in a row and I'm pretty sure LH was watching tv in our bedroom and didn't hear me. Oh well if he did!!! Drastic times calls for potty mouth!!! It could have been worse, but I wouldn't dare in front of him!
I immediately dried it off with a towel, took the battery and memory card out and then literally submerged it in rice! It is supposed to work for cellphones, so I thought it couldn't hurt. I even double checked it online and that's what I found. Um, it did NOT work!!!!! I've even tried my other battery (the one that is still dry) and nothing!!! I was almost in tears....well, I was in tears, but I had actually put make up on, so I had to pull myself together as we were already running late, I was driving and I had no time to freshen up my face! Don't even know why I really bothered as I knew I was going to sweat it all off anyway!
I guess my practically brand new camera doesn't realize all the important stuff I have going on in the immediate future! Birthday, baby, LH's orientation, first day of school, his 5th birthday!!!! WOW!!!!
BUT, thankfully with MY birthday this week, I got an early present!!!!!! Thanks mom and dad!!! I really might have gone postal if I didn't have one! AND we got the protection plan! Whew!

No comments: