Don't get me wrong, I love this time of year, even the hustle and bustle, but it's starting to take a toll on me!
I was ahead of the game as of last week and now I feel like I'm barely going to finish. How in the world does that happen so quickly? I got my cards early, addressed the envelopes, but they haven't been mailed yet....just got stamps today! I knew I needed them, but it was just an issue as to when to find time to actually get to the post office! Hubby did it this morning! Thanks to him, we can now send out our cards tomorrow or Friday!
The lunches are nice - no cooking, no thinking of what to pack, just going and enjoying company of fellow co workers in a relaxed setting (and most of the time lasting a little longer than the normal hour), but it is interfering with my errands and other things I need to cross off my ever growing to-do list! I hardly ever take a real lunch...its always a working (personal) lunch. It's my time to get things done so I don't worry about it in the evenings, because you guessed it, they are already full too! Parties, dinners, meetings, and such (um, tons of painting) are being squeezed into every free moment we have! Mostly my moments. I know they are coming and I enjoy them, but I feel like sometimes I don't fully enjoy them because my mind is always preoccupied of what I should be doing instead of enjoy where I am.
SO, that is my motto. Enjoy the moment I'm in! If I can't do that, then obviously I don't need to be out doing whatever it is I'm doing.
So, even though I have finished my shopping and addressed my cards, here are the things left to do: (this is more for my sanity so you may stop reading now if you don't care about my to-do list)
- Stamp and mail Christmas Cards
- Wrap both Grandmother's presents and send back to TN with Uncle by Friday
- Make appetizer for Church Circle Christmas Gathering tonight!
- Walgreens and Kroger for small items that I forgot over weekend
- Wrap birthday presents for 2 little boys this weekend
- Purchase 2 gift cards for Hubby's work function on Saturday
- Paint, paint, and paint some more....(finish orders for this week and prepare for 2nd open house on Sunday afternoon)
- Wrap coworkers gifts for Monday
- Decorate tree....yeah, its up and has no ornaments
- Pick up pictures that I ordered online
- Fix lights on garland on porch that went out the other day
- Continue baking/cooking/preparing meals and such to stock up my freezer
- Try to find a FREE babysitter for next weekend....2 events, same night, no money to pay a sitter (well, we really do, but I'm just being cheap so if I find someone willing to watch LH, great, but if not, we are homebound)
- Paint some more...I'm sure!
- AND find more time in the day.....sheesh!
That's just this week and through the weekend....there is more that follows for next week! I'm sure you're lists are just as long and schedules just as hectic! Tis the Season!