2.16.2010

Tough One

Lent starts tomorrow and I haven't really thought much about it. I need to figure out what I'm going to do this year.

Last year, I took on the laundry - remember? I became quite the laundry whore, but no one was complaining (except me). I promptly stopped on Easter and we've been in our normal routine ever since. He washes, dries, folds. I wash, sometimes dry - if there isn't anything already in there and fluff. It's how we roll - stop judging. I never wanted to be a stay at home housewife. I would love to be a stay at home mom with a housekeeper, but not a housewife!

This year is a little more difficult as I've already had to give up some of my favorite things - coffee and alcohol, not to mention fitting in my clothes and shoes. So, what's a girl to do? I would never give up the computer - entirely. BUT, I've thought about letting go of Facebook. I am not as excited now when I get on there anymore and I talk to the people I want to do talk to FB or no FB. It's an option, but I could still go with something else. Or is there something else I could take on? Hmmmmm

2 comments:

Emily and Patrick said...

Jenny,

You should read Edie's Lent post at lifeingraceblog.com from yesterday. She is amazing and inspiring about this topic. Whatever you do, make sure it's something that will draw you closer to God and in the times when you are "not doing" you are giving that time to the Lord! If that's the goal, then it really doesn't matter what you choose! Let us know!

Emily

Hokie Girl said...

Thanks Emily. I'll check out her post.