4.15.2009

Really?

I'm pretty sure he forgot his pants! Not sure what he was trying to accomplish with this "fashion" statement, but it wasn't good on any level!!! Oh, the things you see at the beach!

I'm almost 30 and lets just say, I'm very blessed with my "assets"! I've always had 'em, don't mind them, most of the time, and wear flattering things that depending on the occassion, flaunt them in the most respectable way!!! I have changed my fashion over the past few years now that I'm a married woman and a mother and it is NOT acceptable to be showing your stuff too much! I don't think that some of the people we saw on the beach got this memo. You know the ones I'm referring to - besides the grandpa in the above photo ! Now, I know I don't have the same body I did in my college days and even if I did, I'm not sure that I would run around in a string bikini - I wouldn't go so far as to say, that at my age, even being a mother, if I could, I wouldn't wear a modest two piece, but nothing that has barely there nipple covers and has shoestring straps!

I was embarrassed for these women that I saw and I didn't even know them.....grandmothers wearing the tiniest bikini you ever saw!!! High cut legs, or really low rise string bottoms leaving absolutely NOTHING to the imagination with either strapless - yes, I said strap LESS tops or itty bitty triangle tops - I'm sorry but after a certain age, you need SOME support! The one that I knew was a grandmother (because her daughter and grandson were there with her) was also wearing daisy duke denim shorts with a way too small tank top showing off her tummy! I found out later that she was a stripper - yes, the grandma - So I guess she thinks she looks good!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I DID get the memo and firmly believe in teaching your kids some modesty. How can you tell your daughter not to skank around when you're sitting there looking like a hooch yourself!

I have always hated the man bikini (I know they call em speedo's, but let's face it....they're man bikini's). Seems like the only ones at the beach wearing them are the old fat guys (not that I think the young dudes should wear them either, but WOW)!

Glad you had fun and you didn't hang your "hot stuff" out too much.

Kim said...

Oh my word. That's just too much for me. From what I've seen at the beach, if I hadn't got the memo, I would think I could wear some of that garb!! You and I are 2 that really don't need to sport the triangle bikini top. We would end up in a magazine with a black stip over our eyes. And a black strip over whatever was peeking out from that triangle top.

And how can you tell your daughter not to be a skank when you are a skank? Wait a minute, maybe they want them to skank away so they can get rid of them. You know a skank don't want her kids.