9.21.2009

Mission (almost) Complete

The basement and "spare" room cleanout/reorganization project is almost complete. LH's toys, notsomuch!
Hubby got the desk down from attic on Friday morning and I assembled it and got the computer and printer set up. I had to wait on the heavy filing cabinet, but that is finally down there now to bring it all together!
Mom and I cleaned out the basement - I think the last time I've seen it that empty was when we moved in 3 1/2 years ago. We purged lots of stuff!!! I love that feeling of getting rid of crap that you don't need. I ended up moving the craft corner into the unfished part because there is a section with an old countertop and more room. I can get messy in there too and not worry about anyone seeing it!
Sunday Hubby "helped" me with the rest of stuff. I say help loosely because it really means, he just followed orders all day. I mean he helped, but didn't have a say so in any part of the entire process. He told me from the beginning he was the muscle only....he wasn't making any decisions! NOW, you might think this is just the sweetest, but really he's just saving his own arse from any future ramifications. See, he's a smart cookie that one. He knows that inevitably I will whine or complain about something that isn't quite right or exactly how I want it or want to change something. So, this way, he doesn't take any blame for it since I made all decisions the first time around. Basically, he's saying it's no ones fault buy my own! I'm okay with it as long as he moves, pushes, lifts, and sets up things how I want them - over and over and over until it's just right!
He didn't once complain or ask to stop for something like a football game. He did everything I asked (ok, told) him to do without any hesitation! Love him for it!
Now, I still have some work to do. I need to clean out the dresser drawers and closet in the spare room since most of that stuff is office supply related or soemthing that will find a new happy home on our new shelves in the basement! I also need to put up the rest of the pictures, books and other nick nacks in the finished basement! Thank goodness this week is pretty light with stuff going on in the evenings and I can get it all done!
I'm very happy that things are working out the way I want them to. I have a few other decorative/cosmetic things I would like to get done too, but that might just have to wait for after the cruise - which is in 12 days!!!!! More to plan....Yay!!!!

No comments: